Missionaries of Mercy
Bringing about the Kingdom of God isn't a matter of what we do so much as a matter of what we are. Catholics all are called to be missionaries.
Many are called to become missionaries:
- By praying, for the Kingdom to come.
- By offering up to God their sufferings and other earthly burdens, in behalf of those laboring in the field to achieve the Kingdom.
- By joining their hearts to their brothers and sisters in Christ whom God has sent "to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit..."
It is in these and other holy ways that many are called to become members of the Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity as Missionaries of Mercy. They serve Christ no matter where they are or what afflictions of age or illness they may bear. Missionaries of Mercy are members of the Society of our Lady in this life and the next:
- Bonding themselves in graced friendship to other SOLT members working for the Kingdom.
- Sharing in the graces of repentance and conversion that abound as SOLT members labor in the vineyards of the Lord.
- Contributing, mightily, to the glory of God and the salvation of souls.
There is no requirement to be a Missionary of Mercy. A prayer card will be sent to you. You may pray this prayer. Remember to join your sufferings with our crucified and risen Lord.
O! Jesus crucified, we your missionaries of mercy offer to you, especially in moments of great pain and discouragement, all our sufferings in union with your hour of abandonment and bitter agony.
We ask to share in your intercession for all ungrateful and indifferent people.
As we make up what is wanting in your passion, Lord (Col.1:24) grant us rest and consolation; refresh us as you have promised.
Thank you for allowing us to be your chosen friends. In union with our Mother of Sorrows we place our trust in you.
In doing so, you will enter into the prayer life and work of the Society of Our lady, an approved community of priests, deacons, religious brothers and sisters, and laity both married and single. SOLT members work to meet the deepest needs of the poorest of the poor, throughout the world.
How to become a "Missionary of Mercy?"
Request an application card from:
Missionaries of Mercy
P.O. Box 1562
Glendale AZ 85311
Once you send in the form, then you will be sent a certificate with the date of enrollment. You will also receive a prayer card.