Disciples of Jesus and Mary Youth
Hey Chill out - Jesus loves YOU!
- Promises of Christ
- Vocational Discernment
- Pope John Paul's Message to the Youth
Decision Making Process
- Make two lists.
- First list consists of "things that you have to do" and the second list "things that you want to do."
- Now arrange these two lists starting with the easiest and most inexpensive.
- At the beginning do only one think from each list every day. These lists will certainly change, you may add or delete as time goes by.
- Whatever task or project you start you must complete. This process builds on one success at a time.
- The reason for doing things that you want to do is make you excited about doing things. Usually when you are excited about some thing there is a greater chance that you will do it.
- Add fun to the things you have to do and you will enjoy doing it. And you will find time to do it.
- Try not to do too many things during the first month. Even though you feel comfortable try not to overdo anything. Many people are afraid of failure and because of it will hesitate, delay, and in the end never make a decision.
- If you do not decide, then someone else will have to make it for you. Or you will be forced to make hurried decisions, which always prove expensive in long run.
- You may ask others for opinions and suggestions. Never let anyone make decisions for you.
- Making decisions takes courage and confidence in oneself.
- Pray to the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit to guide you in your faith.
- Hurt and painful experiences are some of the causes that keep some from making decisions. Many have a poor self-esteem because of their past experiences.
- If you lack confidence or find it difficult to forgive anyone for any reason, spend time before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
If you have any comments or questions please email me.
With my priestly blessings,